The goal of the talks is to introduce some of the foundations of chromatic stable homotopy theory and to explain how these methods are used to study the structure of the stable homotopy category. If time permits, we will look at some more recent results at the end.
Topics will include:
– left Bousfield localisation,
– p-localisation, p-completion, rationalisation, K-theory,
– E(n) and K(n): construction and properties,
– nilpotence, periodicity, chromatic convergence,
– thick subcategories and the Balmer spectrum.